Water & Wastewater
Engineering, Treatment and Management Solutions for the Full Life-cycle of Water and Wastewater
With more than 150 years of experience in the water and natural resources sectors, MWH, now part of Stantec, has the history and expertise to provide innovative and cost-effective solutions to address the needs of the water and wastewater industry. Water is the lifeblood of our communities, and our expertise ranges from addressing the water resource needs of growing populations, to pipeline design and the rehabilitation of aging pipelines and other infrastructure, to the implementation of emerging technologies to address your most complex water resource management, wastewater treatment and stormwater management issues. We provide a full suite of integrated water and wastewater engineering and construction services from the planning phase through to start-up of water and wastewater treatment facilities, as well as facility upgrades. With an understanding of the regulations driving the water and wastewater industry worldwide, we’ve developed the relationships necessary to help you meet your goals. We work closely with clients to provide solutions to protect, enhance, store and distribute water in areas where our resources are continuously stretched, including world-class expertise in dam design and rehabilitation.
Meet our MWH Experts
- Designing and/or constructing close to 500 water treatment plants, 800 wastewater treatment plants, 200 reservoirs, 1,000 pumping stations and thousands of miles of pipeline around the world.
- Using the latest industry research and technological advances to design, build, and manage challenging projects with an eye toward the future, such as the design of the largest desalination plant in the Western Hemisphere.
- Developing and implementing innovative sewage water treatment facilities that enhance the quality of life for people throughout the world, such as the Jebal Ali Sewage Treatment Plant in Dubai, one of the largest in the world to serve a population of 4.5 million.
- Efficiently bringing our global expertise and talent to local projects, applying lessons learned through our involvement with some of the world’s most complex and technically challenging projects.
- Supporting projects ranging in size from small local assessments to major infrastructure projects and programs over $3 billion (USD) in total capital costs.
- Providing Design-Build services to help save our clients time and money, such as the City of Cape Coral Facility/Utility Expansion Program. We are leading members of the Water Design-Build Council and contributors to the Municipal Water and Wastewater Design-Build Handbook.
- Specializing in evaluating and developing water and wastewater treatment technologies that meet the rapidly changing demands of municipalities, businesses and agriculture. We wrote the book on water treatment.
- Building a Better World by providing “green” solutions for our clients that respect the environment and the communities where we live and work.
- Providing expertise in evaluating and prioritizing assets to create proactive approaches to asset and utility management. We specialize in the management oflarge-scale water and wastewater capital improvement programs.
- Proven experience in the successful design of aquatic life support systems through a careful balance of technical expertise, aesthetic understanding and environmental knowledge for marine parks, zoos and marine research and educational facilities.
- Improving water use efficiency in our world’s irrigation schemes and implementing modern technology on-farm to grow more food from less water.