Technical Leader, Odour Management, Asia Pacific Region
Dr. Ian Evanson has more than 16 years’ experience working within the odour control, wastewater design and gas scrubbing industries – designing, commissioning and installing numerous successful projects throughout Australia, the United Kingdom (U.K.) and the Middle East.
Ian began his career performing research for Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI), where he specialized in air pollution control, and was awarded a PhD in chemical engineering through his work on wet chemical scrubbing. Since joining MWH, Ian has continued to specialize in odour management and control, advancing to his current position of Technical Leader – Odour Management.
Acknowledged as an international industry expert in odour management and control for sewage collection systems and wastewater treatment plants, Ian specializes in odour surveys, odour dispersion modelling, odour control plant design, ventilation and cover systems, odour management, plant auditing and optimization, septicity control and wastewater treatment plant design.
His previous project experience includes two of the largest odour management and control projects within the U.K. and Middle East.
Ian’s work in Australia includes highly successful odour management projects at in Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Sydney, and Perth. He also acts as a client advisor and third-party reviewer on odour management issues for clients across Australia.
Recent news featuring Ian: When Odour Control Is Not About Odour At All
Email Now Call Now LinkedIn
Associations & Awards
- MEng (Hons), Chemical Engineering with Environmental Management
- MSc (Eng), Water Resources Technology and Management
- PhD, Chemical Engineering
- FIChemE – Fellow of the Institution of Chemical Engineers
- MIEAust – Member, Engineers Australia
- CEng – Chartered Engineer, Engineering Council UK
- CPEng – Chartered Professional Engineer, Engineers Australia
- NPER – Registered Engineer
- RPEQ – Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland
- Australian Water Association, Peer Reviewer and Member of Community of Experts
- Clean Air Society of Australia and New Zealand, Member
- International Water Association (IWA), Member