The SME 2017 Annual Conference and Expo is just around the corner! If you plan to attend, please join us at the Environmental Aspects of Tailing Management session on February 21, at 9:00 a.m. where our Mining Commercial Director Andrew Watson will present Alternative Tailings Management Technologies and Why or Why Not?. This presentation looks at the promise and realities of ATD methods and will provide high-level guidance on when to use individual technologies and the tradeoffs of their use compared to conventional wet disposal. He will also discuss the various tailing disposal types with an emphasis on managing tailings risks, closure and water management—all of which are particularly important in the wake of recent mining storage accidents. This session will include a panel discussion chaired by Eve Bingham with industry experts Dirk Van Zyl, Luke Danielson, Cecil Urlich and Andrew Watson.
You can find us with our Stantec colleagues in booth #1523. Since integrating with Stantec in May 2016, we now offer a full range services to mining companies, from front-end studies to closure planning and management of post-closure liabilities. We are better together!
Several Stantec experts are presenting at SME 2017:
- Alternative tailings management technologies and why or why not? Andrew Watson and Resa Furey
- Mine Power Quality, Julian Fisher
- Holden Mine — Application of Jet Grouting to Improve Stabilization of a Tailing Embankment in a Narrow Mountain Valley, Christine Weber and Phil Crouse
- What’s Driving the Market? Resa Furey and Andrew Watson
- Simple Efficient Alternative to NI 43-101 and Other Codes, Andrew Ramcharan and Noris Belluz
- Innovative Mine Management through Visualization, Shane Goosney
- Investing in Advanced Digital Technologies to Optimize Total Cost of Ownership, Dave Richardson
- Safe Maintenance of Chutes and Equipment Beneath Ore Passes and Bins, Mike Peden