MWH, now part of Stantec, was a technical reviewer for the document.
This week, the US Water Alliance released a long-awaited publication for which MWH served as a reviewer. “One Water Roadmap: The Sustainable Management of Life’s Most Essential Resource” is a report intended to serve as a guide to tackle the United States’ most pressing water challenges.
The 40-page document contains real-world examples which make a compelling argument for what is being called the “One Water” approach. The hallmarks of One Water are:
- A mindset that all water has value;
- A focus on achieving multiple benefits;
- A systems approach;
- Watershed-scale thinking and action;
- Right-sized solutions;
- Partnerships for progress;
- Inclusion and engagement of all.
You can view and download the report at the US Water Alliance website.