Drainage Asset Management Services
Investing in Qatar’s national roads and drainage infrastructure ahead of the 2022 FIFA World Cup and towards achievement of the Qatar National Vision 2030
Qatar’s Public Works Authority ‘Ashghal’ | Doha, Qatar
Over the next four to six years, Ashghal is investing over QR100 billion (£17.2 billion) in national roads and drainage infrastructure towards achievement of the Qatar National Vision 2030. As part of this project, MWH is working with Ashghal on improvements to the alignment (strategic) plan, and embedding sustainable policies, processes and procedures throughout the asset management, operations and maintenance, customer services, human resources, financial management, support services, and information, communication and technology functional areas.
MWH is working with the Drainage operations and maintenance (O&M) business unit to scope, plan and deliver the next five year O&M program. Our support covers the full range of drainage assets for Ashghal, including sewage treatment plants, wastewater network and pump stations, the recycled water system, the stormwater collection system, the surface groundwater system and industrial wastewater in Qatar.
- Reduction in Customer Complaints 50%
- Network Response Completed in 3 Hours of 1st Contact 92%
MWH is supporting Ashghal’s vision to be a dynamic, responsive and customer centric organization that accommodates rapid and significant asset base adoption, builds indigenous capacity and capability, and ensures delivery of reliable service to the citizens of Qatar.
- Established the Customer Contact Centre and 2nd Line Drainage Complaints Office, ahead of programme, aligned to Ashghal’s vision of being a customer centric organisation (typically 95% job closure rate in less than 4 hours now being achieved)
- Piloted prioritised preventative routine sewer maintenance regime resulting in a 50% reduction in customer complaints/flooding incidents has now been rolled out across Qatar (productivity of cleaning operations enhanced from 24 km/month to 144 km/month)
- Development and delivery of new (to Ashghal) works contractor frameworks, to satisfy the outsourcing and partnership strategy of Ashghal, being progressed to schedule
- Successfully created and embedded re-engineered business processes, and supporting interim asset register and works order systems, as part of business readiness activities to support the planned for roll-out of an Enterprise Asset Management System