MWH, now part of Stantec, firmly believes the protection of our people and our environment is a moral imperative—that our operations cause Zero Harm. This is reflected in our stated core value, “Our employees are our greatest assets and we will grow, inspire and protect them.” We extend that value into our culture through leadership that is committed to the ideal that, “workplace safety and environmental sustainability is a fundamental business practice.”
MWH employs the “Zero Harm” and “Safe by Design” approaches for: effective Safety Health and Environmental (SHE) risk management; delivery of high-quality, on-time projects; and to protect our people, our communities, the environment, and our brand. To realize our ideal, MWH has developed a SHE culture, with mature risk management systems and the necessary investments to sustain it.
- Leadership-driven SHE policies and focus that is communicated across the organization
- Continuing SHE training and education with specialized training for leadership and all project teams
- World-class SHE professionals dedicated to continuous improvement, with the nurturing and pursuit of a Zero Harm organization culture
- Integrated toolset of more than 100 polices, procedures and practices that provide our project teams proven risk management tools
- Deliberate risk management and MSHA compliance, integrated into project planning/execution ensures Zero Harm is embedded in our operational practices
- Delivery of sustainable, “Safe by Design” design approaches for both install/build and customer use
Using this universal approach to deliberate risk management for all phases of project execution, MWH has safely delivered mining consulting and construction management services for more than a decade, including support to mining operations in North and South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia.